It’s your wedding day and all eyes will be on you! Which also means, all eyes on your wedding dress and jewellery. This means they deserve all your attention during your wedding shopping. With endless options to choose from, and more than one look vying for your attention, how does one break through the chaos and choose ‘the one’? We bring you some quick tips to ease out the selection process and make wedding shopping a tad simpler. 5 Top Tips to Pick the Perfect Wedding Dress & Jewellery 1. Select A Colour Palette: The foremost step is to choose the colours you wish to be decked up in. You can opt for traditional colours like red, maroon, pink etc., or go contemporary with green, teal, or pastel hues. This will bring clarity and narrow down your search for your dream attire. But keep in mind that the colour should suit your skin type. 2. Visit a Bridal Exhibition: Why scout the streets in different markets when you can find everything for your wedding under one roof? Wedding exhibitions are an excellent way to keep a tab on the latest trends and get the most affordable prices for your wedding dress and jewellery! 3. Jewel Play: The jewellery you pick from a jewellery exhibition has to complement your wedding dress. For an elegant look, you can opt for matching it with the attire. If you are looking for a trendier feel, then go for colours that contrast with your dress. For example, red or pink gemstone jewellery with a grey lehenga gives uber-fashionable vibes! 4. Don’t Go Overboard: Avoid putting together too many prints or jarring colours. Elegance and sophistication is the essence of any bridal look. So, keep it simple and exquisite. You can be the classy bride by keeping it simple. 5. Opt For Re-usability: You are probably spending a significant amount on your wedding dress and jewellery, therefore, it makes sense to buy what you can reuse. For the dress, select pieces that you can mix and match later. And for the jewellery, you can go for layers instead of one chunky piece. This way you can wear them later too! Caring For Your Wedding Dress and Jewellery The precious stone and expensive fabric of your wedding dress and jewellery demand good aftercare. Here are a few pointers that will help in keeping them safe:
- Dry clean your wedding dress before storing it.
- The wedding jewellery must be wiped clean with a soft, lint-free cloth before putting it in the box.
- Fold the dress neatly without creases and invest in a special box made with acid-free materials. Keep the box safe and away from any harsh lights.
- Your jewellery needs to be stored in a fabric-lined box made with breathable fabrics.
- Check on your precious dress and jewellery at least once a year. Pull the dress out and keep it in fresh air for a few hours before storing away.
- Check the jewellery for any tarnish and immediately get it polished if you notice discolouration.
- Use perfumed closet pouches to keep your dress smelling great in case you find another occasion to wear it!